AndhraNews.net
Home » Sports News » 2011 » September » September 9, 2011

No decision yet on Force India contract extension: Paul di Resta


September 9, 2011 - London

Scottish Formula One driver Paul di Resta has said that he believes a decision on his future at Force India will not be made until later this year.

Di Resta has confirmed that talks between manager Anthony Hamilton and team owner Vijay Mallya are taking place, but a new deal appears some way off.

"There is no movement yet, things are still going along," Sky Sports quoted Di Resta, as saying.

"There are obviously talks, which will be ongoing, but nothing has been generated, no decision has been made. It will be later in the year. It's better to concentrate on this year at the moment," he added.

Di Resta conceded, however, that he would rather his future was decided sooner rather than later.

"It's always nice to get it done a bit quicker. There are people in the background working on that for me, but it is not my decision," he said.

"I would certainly hope they (the team) are reasonably happy with the job I've done. Okay, there have been some difficult times, but I'm just trying to do the best job for the team. I feel very comfortable here and I'd be very happy to continue on with it," he added.

Di Resta has scored points in three of the 12 grands prix so far this season.

ANI

Comment on this story

Share