Wonderla Net Profit Surges by 55.80% in First Quarter, 2014-15 Financial Year
August 8, 2014 - Bangalore, Karnataka, India
- The parks segment saw a footfall increase of 9% during the first quarter ended on June 30th 2014.
- Gross Revenue for the First Quarter, ending June 30, 2014-15 fiscal, was Rs.6615.57 lakhs; an increase of 26% over corresponding period last financial year (Rs.5235.81 lakhs).
- Profit After Tax for the First Quarter, ending June 30, 2014-15 fiscal, was Rs.2483.47 lakhs; an increase of 55.80%over corresponding period last financial year (Rs. 1593.78 lakhs).
- Revenue from the two amusement parks – Bangalore and Kochi – was Rs 6309.14 lakhs for the quarter under review while the revenue from resort was Rs 306.43 lakhs.
- Wonderla Resort has achieved 52% occupancy during the quarter against 31% occupancy over corresponding period last year,and also profitable for the first time.
- The shares were listed on the BSE and NSE from May 9, 2014, and responded very well to the markets. The share price went up to a lifetime high of Rs 254, more than double the issue price of Rs.125.
- Business Outlook:
“We are very happy with our performance during the first quarter of the ongoing financial year. We expect domestic tourism to expand this year with a new government at the Centre promoting tourism from a long-term perspective. More number of people are visiting amusement parks, as we continue to add exciting and new thrill rides. We are optimistic about growth coming in from both the amusement parks, as we are on track to build the third one in Hyderabad,” said Mr. Arun K Chittilappilly, Managing Director, Wonderla Holidays Ltd.
Shares are listed on BSE and NSE:
Wonderla created history by getting listed on the BSE and NSE during the quarter under review. The company is overwhelmed by the response from the investor fraternity. The sentiments of the investors are high and demonstrate the potential for companies like us to further expand and offer unique services.
- An application for plan approval has been submitted to the Hyderabad Metropolitan Development Authority (HMDA) to set up our third amusement park in the country and it is under their consideration.
- 9 new attractions were added at the existing amusement parks in April 2014; 3 imported rides in Bangalore such as the 40 meter Flash Tower, Mini Venice and Magic Mushroom were added; and 6 rides in Kochi such as, Maverick, Rock’n’tug, Fire Brigade, Magic plane, Kids play Zone and The Boomerang water slide.
Awards / Recognition / Participation:
Wonderla amusement park Bangalore has been ranked No.1 in India according to Trip Advisor's travellers choice awards 2014 while its Kochi counterpart has been ranked number 3 in the same ranking list.
In Asia rankings,Wonderla Bangalore ranks 7 and Wonderla Kochi ranks 13 among the top 25 amusement parks list. Home to an array of thrilling dry rides and refreshing clean water rides, Wonderla showcases the spellbinding 'Adventures of Chikku' a 4D ride, Cinemagic 3D, a virtual reality show, the acclaimed musical fountain and laser show.
Wonderla has also been decreed the enviable OHSAS 18001:2007 certificate
About Wonderla Holidays Ltd:
Wonderla Holidays Limited is one of the largest operators of amusement parks in India. It is promoted by Arun K Chittilappilly and KochousephChittilappilly, who in the year 1996 had incorporated V-Guard Industries Limited. It currently owns and operates two amusement parks under the brand name ‘Wonderla’, situated at Kochi and Banglore and is in the process of setting up its third amusement park in Ranga Reddy District of Telangana, Wonderla Hyderabad. It also owns and operates a resort beside its amusement park in Bangalore under the brand name ‘Wonderla Resort’, which has been operational since March 2012. Wonderla’s amusement parks offer a wide range of water and land based attractions catering to all age groups. It has 24 water based attractions and 35 land based attractions at Wonderla Kochi and 22 water based attractions and 37 land based attractions at Wonderla Bangalore.
Source: Business Wire India