Frost & Sullivan Honors the Best in Indian ICT Industry at the 2014 India ICT Awards
June 26, 2014 - Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
The Frost & Sullivan 12th Annual ICT Awards banquet gave away 30 awards and acknowledged companies and individuals who have pushed the boundaries of excellence, risen above the competition, and demonstrated outstanding performance in the ICT sector in India. The Awards covered Enterprise Infrastructure, Emerging Software Products, Enterprise Telecom Services, Mobile and Wireless, and Digital Media categories.
The assessments brought forth latest trends and developments in the Indian ICT sector, and one such emerging trend is the Ethernet. Indian network technology is growing at an astounding pace with many paradigm shifts associated with it. The past five years have ushered in an age of Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS) technology, which replaced leased lines and other technologies everywhere. This in turn is now slowly giving way to the new wave of faster and more resilient communication - Ethernet. With high levels of network resilience, lower latency, and fast scalable bandwidth, this is the network technology of the future. Through these awards, Frost & Sullivan felicitates not only the leaders but also the pioneers, which lead to the inception of ‘Enterprise Ethernet Service Provider of the Year’ award.
On the occasion, Benoy CS, Director, ICT Practice, Frost & Sullivan, said, “For the Indian ICT Industry, 2013 was equally a challenging and an exciting year. Uptake in Ethernet, cloud services, mobility, big data, and analytics were the key highlights for the year in this region. We also witnessed emergence of new innovative business models and strategies to cater to rapidly changing customer needs. Despite the challenges in the economy, the award winners demonstrated superior performances in areas such as leadership, technological innovation, and strategic product development which enabled them to drive business growth in their respective market segments.”
The Award contenders were judged and based on a variety of parameters like revenue, market share, product introduction, innovation and diversity, vertical and horizontal diversity, business and market strategy, etc. The results were collated after conducting detailed research and assessment on market performance of companies, including in-depth primary interviews of various industry participants and secondary research conducted by Frost & Sullivan analysts. An elite and independent panel of judges comprising some of the most prominent CXOs from the media and IT sector deliberated on the findings of the analyst teams and finalized the winners.
The esteemed Jury for the Awards this year included the following eminent personalities:
- Ajay Kumar Meher, Senior Vice President - IT and Post Production, Multi Screen Media Private Limited
- Alok K. Brara, CEO & Publisher, India Infrastructure Publishing Private Limited
- Alok Kumar, VP & Global Head- Internal IT & Shared Services, Tata Consultancy Services
- Anju Arora, Founder & Managing Director, ADI Media Private Limited
- Benoy CS, Director, ICT Practice, Frost & Sullivan
- Bishwanath Ghosh, CIO-Corporate, Mahindra & Mahindra Limited
- Dinesh Kumar, CIO, Bajaj Group & Wave Infratech
- Girish Rao, Head-IT, Marico Limited
- GS Ravi Kumar, Executive Vice President & Group CIO, Gati Limited
- N Jayantha Prabhu, Chief Technology Officer, Essar Group
- Prasad Patil, Vice President-IT, Essar Group
- Rajesh Uppal, Executive Director IT & CIO, Maruti Suzuki India Limited
- Subhash Chand Mittal, Sr. ED (MS & IT) & Group CTO & Director, IFFCO and IFFCO Kisan Sanchar Limited
- Sanjeev Prasad, CIO, Genpact
- Tarun Pandey, Sr. Vice President – IT, Aditya Birla Financial Services Group
- Umesh Mehta, CIO, Jubilant Life Sciences
- Varun Sood, CIO & Head - Strategic Initiatives, Fortis Healthcare Limited
- V.G. Ramakrishnan, Managing Director, Frost & Sullivan – South Asia
- Vijay Sethi, Vice President – IS, HR & CIO, Hero Moto Corp Limited
- Vikram Idnani, Chief Information Officer, Trent Limited
LogMeIn was the Event Partner for the 2014 Frost & Sullivan India ICT Awards, and the Media Partners were Communications Today, ET Telecom, Information Week, Light Reading India, Tele.net, and Telecom Watch.
The 2014 Frost & Sullivan India ICT Award Recipients are:
|Award Category and Title||Award Recipients|
|Audio Conferencing Service Provider of the Year||Tata Communications|
|Managed Video Conferencing Service Provider of the Year||Reliance Communications|
|Web Conferencing Service Provider of the Year||CISCO|
|Software Video Conferencing Provider of the Year||Vidyo|
|Unified Communications Application Vendor of the Year||CISCO|
|Video Conferencing Equipment Vendor of the Year||CISCO|
|Product Line Strategy Leadership - Network Security||CISCO|
|Product Innovation Leadership - Secure Content Management||Websense|
|Emerging Software Products|
|Product Innovation Leadership - Business Intelligence||MAIA Intelligence Private Limited|
|Product Innovation Leadership - Marketing Analytics||Flytxt|
|Product Innovation Leadership - Functional Analytics||Sapience Analytics|
|Company of the Year - Analytics||Manthan Systems|
|Product Innovation Leadership - Enterprise Mobility Applications||FieldEZ Technologies Private Limited|
|Product Innovation Leadership - Enterprise Mobility Platforms||Orient Technologies Private Limited|
|Product Innovation Leadership - Enterprise Applications||Juno Software Systems|
|Enterprise Telecom Services|
|Enterprise Mobile Service Provider of the Year||Vodafone|
|Enterprise Telecom Service Provider of the Year - Large Enterprise Segment||Bharti Airtel|
|Enterprise Telecom Service Provider of the Year - SMB Segment||Bharti Airtel|
|Enterprise Data Service Provider of the Year||Tata Communications|
|Third Party Datacenter Service Provider of the Year||Tata Communications|
|Enterprise 3G Service Provider of the Year||Bharti Airtel|
|Infrastructure as a Service Provider of the Year||Netmagic Solutions|
|Enterprise Ethernet Service Provider of the Year||Tata Communications|
|Mobile and Wireless|
|Telecom Passive Infrastructure Vendor of the Year||Indus Towers Limited|
|Telecom Active Infrastructure Vendor of the Year||Ericsson India|
|Mobile Commerce Vendor of the Year||Mahindra Comviva|
|Product Line Strategy Leadership - Enterprise Content Management||EMC India-IIG Division|
|Product Leadership - Digital Marketing Workflows||Oracle India|
|Customer Value Leadership - Content Delivery Networks||Akamai Technologies India Private Limited|
About Frost & Sullivan
Frost & Sullivan, the Growth Partnership Company, works in collaboration with clients to leverage visionary innovation that addresses the global challenges and related growth opportunities that will make or break today's market participants.
Our “Growth Partnership” supports clients by addressing these opportunities and incorporating two key elements driving visionary innovation: The Integrated Value Proposition and The Partnership Infrastructure.
- The Integrated Value Proposition provides support to our clients throughout all phases of their journey to visionary innovation including research, analysis, strategy, vision, innovation, and implementation
- The Partnership Infrastructure is entirely unique as it constructs the foundation upon which visionary innovation becomes possible. This includes our 360-degree research, comprehensive industry coverage, career best practices as well as our global footprint of more than 40 offices.
For more than 50 years, we have been developing growth strategies for the global 1000, emerging businesses, the public sector, and the investment community. Is your organization prepared for the next profound wave of industry convergence, disruptive technologies, increasing competitive intensity, Mega Trends, breakthrough best practices, changing customer dynamics, and emerging economies?
Contact Us:Start the discussion
Join Us:Join our community
Subscribe:Newsletter on "the next big thing"
Register:Gain access to visionary innovation
Source: Business Wire India