Chelsea Clinton announces she is pregnant, baby expected in fall
April 17, 2014 - New York
- Chelsea Clinton, daughter of former U.S. president Bill Clinton and former U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, announced that she and her husband, Marc Mezvinsky are expecting their first child.
- While attending an event on the Lower East Side of Manhattan, Chelsea Clinton announced, "One more thing to say very quickly, Marc and I are very excited that we have our first child arriving later this year." She added, "I just hope that I will be as good a mom to my child and, hopefully, children as my mom was to me."
- A spokesperson for Chelsea and Marc declined to answer questions about the pregnancy, but said that the baby is expecting in the fall.
- Chelsea Clinton was accompanied by her mother Hillary at the event organized to discuss the efforts by the Bill, Hillary & Chelsea Clinton Foundation to advance women and girls.
- Chelsea's husband Marc was present at the back of the room when she made the announcement. Chelsea married Mezvinsky in 2010.
- Hillary Clinton is contemplating for running for the office of President in 2016. Though she hasn't made any announcement on her future plans, becoming a grand mother will sure help her campaign.
- Chelsea's father Bill Clinton expressed his happiness on Twitter posting, "Excited to add a new line to my Twitter bio... grandfather-to-be!"