5.3 Earthquake shakes Los Angeles
March 28, 2014 - Los Angeles
- Los Angeles was hit by an earth quake of magnitude 5.1. The quake was centered near Brea in Orange County - 20 miles southeast of downtown Los Angeles.
- The epicenter was one mile from Brea, Califonia. It is three miles from Rowland Heights, California, three miles from Fullerton, California.
- The magnitude was initially reported to be 5.4, but was downgraded later.
- Smaller aftershocks were felt for 45 minutes after the quake
- No immediate reports of damage was reported.
- Los Angeles Fire Department has gone into an emergency mode and is ready in case any damage or injuries are reported.
- Los Angeles Department of Public Works said it was sending crews to check dams, bridges and other infrastructure for damage due to the quake.
- Rides at Disneyland have been stopped as a precaution.
- Residents in Orange County said that they felt the quake for at least 10 seconds.
- Another earthquake of magnitude 3.6 was hit in the city of La Habra an hour earlier.