2014 ACI Excellence Awards Showcase Global Innovation in Electronic Banking and Payments
April 3, 2014 - Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
ACI Excellence Award and Merit Recognition recipients were selected by a panel of judges comprised of ACI experts and leading global payments analysts from Aite Group, CEB TowerGroup and Celent. Winners were selected across ten categories and are based throughout the Americas, Asia/Pacific and EMEA. This year’s Excellence Award winners include:
- AGS Transact Technologies Ltd: Mobile Banking & Payments Excellence Award – In response to the changing relationship between banks and customers due to the rapid adoption of mobile phones, AGS Transact Technologies Ltd utilized ACI’s Postilion suite to design Card Maintenance through SMS, providing customers a host of mobile-based card services through SMS.
- DBS Bank: Innovator of the Year Excellence Award & Wholesale Payments Excellence Award – DBS developed its award-winning corporate internet and mobile banking payment platform, DBS IDEAL™ 3.0, with the help of ACI’s Universal Online Banker, providing customers with a single login to access account statements and securely initiate transactions on a real-time basis. To date, IDEAL™ serves over 162,000 corporate users in 104,000 institutions who access the platform across more than 100 countries, and processes more than 40 million transactions annually.
- Dupont Community Credit Union: Online Banking Excellence Award – Three months after launching its online channel with both ACI’s Bill Payment and Architect Banking, 80 percent of the bank’s active account holders adopted the online channel for its flexibility and ease-of-use, far exceeding goals.
- Federal Bank Ltd: Customer Service Excellence Award – Federal Bank leveraged ACI’s BASE24 to develop its Card Online Management and Inquiry Tool (COMIT) service, which enables the bank to better address customer demand for managing card parameters.
- Interswitch: Retail Payments Excellence Award – Prior to the emergence of electronic payments in Nigeria, transactions were solely cash-based, posing significant financial implications and economic challenges to both businesses and individuals. Driven to solve these challenges and with ACI’s Postilion as an enabling technology, Verve was launched by Nigeria’s leading integrated payment processing and transaction switching company, Interswitch. With the introduction of the Verve Chip + PIN card, both individuals and organizations have adopted electronic payments for their everyday transactions, and over 20 million Verve cards have been issued in Nigeria. Verve is the country’s most dominant card brand with a growing 60 percent market share.
- Interswitch: Product & Services Innovation Excellence Award – Quickteller, built with ACI’s Postilion, is a Value Added Service (VAS) platform that provides customers convenient and secure access to vital services via Web, ATM and Mobile. Powered by the Interswitch network, Quickteller offers customers efficient services that include funds transfers, bill payments and airtime recharge, in addition to seamless online ticket purchase. Quickteller is Nigeria’s fastest growing lifestyle enabler brand.
- IndusInd Bank Limited: Operational Excellence Award – IndusInd Bank, which utilizes ACI’s BASE24, was recognized for three initiatives: Cash- on-Mobile service, which allows customers to withdraw or send money to a recipient by using only the recipient’s mobile number and allows the receiver to withdraw funds from any IndusInd Bank ATM without using any card; second, a service, which enables customers to change their ATM Pins via an Interactive Voice Response system; and third, Stop Cheque application, which streamlines the process through which customers can stop payment on checks.
- Lee County Electric Cooperative (LCEC): Electronic Bill Presentment & Payment Excellence Award – Lee County Electric Cooperative, which utilizes ACI’s Electronic Bill Presentment & Payment (EBPP) Services, increased its convenient payment options from 2 to more than 20, leading to a 10 percent increase in customer satisfaction and millions in cumulative cost savings.
- TÜRK EKONOMI BANKASI (TEB): Payments Fraud Excellence Award – As fraudsters develop new ways to unlawfully gain information about people and transactions, TEB, with the help of ACI’s Proactive Risk Manager, has worked to combat attacks while maintaining high levels of customer satisfaction and convenience.
This year’s Merit Recognition recipients include:
- First Data: Product & Services Innovation
- Maybank: Operational Excellence
- UKRCard: Operational Excellence
“The record number of Excellence Awards submissions we received this year exemplifies the rapidly-evolving global payments industry. On behalf of everyone at ACI, I want to extend congratulations to this year’s winners and finalists. They are achieving exceptional success for their organizations and many benefits for their customers,” said Craig Saks, Executive Vice President and Chief Product Officer, ACI Worldwide. “All of these organizations demonstrate innovation—from advancements in online and mobile banking to fraud prevention to significant improvements in end-user experience and much more. We’re proud to call them our customers and look forward to their continued success.”
For a complete list of winners and finalists, alongside additional information on their implementations, please click here or visit our Excellence Awards page at http://www.aciworldwide.com/news-and-events/aci-excellence-awards/the-2014-winners.aspx.
About ACI Worldwide
ACI Worldwide, the Universal Payments company, powers electronic payments and banking for more than 5,000 financial institutions, retailers, billers and processors around the world. ACI software processes $13 trillion in payments and securities transactions for more than 250 of the leading global retailers, and 21 of the world’s 25 largest banks. Through our comprehensive suite of software products and hosted services, we deliver a broad range of solutions for payment processing; card and merchant management; online banking; mobile, branch and voice banking; fraud detection; trade finance; and electronic bill presentment and payment. To learn more about ACI, please visit www.aciworldwide.com. You can also find us on Twitter @ACI_Worldwide.
© Copyright ACI Worldwide, Inc. 2014.
ACI, ACI Payment Systems, the ACI logo and all ACI product names are trademarks or registered trademarks of ACI Worldwide, Inc., or one of its subsidiaries, in the United States, other countries or both. Other parties’ trademarks referenced are the property of their respective owners.
Product roadmaps are for informational purposes only and may not be incorporated into a contract or agreement. The development release and timing of future product releases remains at ACI’s sole discretion. ACI is providing the following information in accordance with ACI's standard product communication policies. Any resulting features, functionality, and enhancements or timing of release of such features, functionality, and enhancements are at the sole discretion of ACI and may be modified without notice. All product roadmap or other similar information does not represent a commitment to deliver any material, code, or functionality, and should not be relied upon in making a purchasing decision.
Source: Business Wire India