AndhraNews.net
Home » International News » 2012 » April » April 6, 2012

Pak 'predictably' rejects India's claim of evidence against JuD chief Hafiz Saeed


April 6, 2012 - Islamabad

Pakistan has 'predictably' rejected Indian Foreign Minister S.M. Krishna's claims regarding existence of evidence to nail Jammat-ud Dawa chief Hafiz Saeed.

According to the News, Pakistan Foreign Office spokesperson Abdul Basit said that concrete evidence against Saeed had not been provided and added that action against the latter would only be taken if there was concrete evidence against him.

S.M. Krishna had earlier claimed that Pakistan had been provided all evidence against Hafiz Saeed and called on Islamabad to initiate legal proceedings against him.

"The dossier that the Home Minister of India has provided to Government of Pakistan contains every detail of Hafiz Saeed's involvement in the planning and the execution of terrorist attack in Mumbai. So, no amount of denial would exonerate them, unless there is a judicial enquiry into the whole episode," he had said.

"Thereby, responsibilities can be fixed. But unfortunately, the Pakistan Government has not thought it proper to investigate this," he added.

The United States has put a 10 million dollar bounty on Saeed's head.

ANI

Comment on this story

Share