AndhraNews.net
Home » International News » 2011 » June » June 24, 2011

Two Muslim men detained for plotting terror attack on US military centre


June 24, 2011 - Washington

Two Muslim men have been arrested for plotting to attack a Seattle military recruiting station in the US.

On Thursday, the Justice Department had announced that Abu Khalid Abdul-Latif, also known as Joseph Anthony Davis, and Walli Mujahidh have been arrested over an alleged plot on the military facility after a nearly month-long investigation, Fox News reports.

According to the criminal complaint against Abdul-Latif, the accused told a Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) source that when he noticed a security guard at a Seattle military recruiting station earlier this month, he said: "We'll just kill him right away."

Both the accused planned an attack on the site with machine guns and grenades, but were dismantled when the authorities came to know about it.

Authorities have said that they have been monitoring 33-year-old Abdul-Latif, of Seattle, and Mujahidh, 32, of Los Angeles, also known as Frederick Domingue Jr, since early June.

The men spoke about gaining access to the facility by driving a "truck that looks like the Titanic" through the "front gate," the complaint says, and Abdul-Latif told the source his objective was to "take out anybody wearing green or a badge."

The U.S. Attorney's Office in Seattle said the defendants initially planned to attack Joint Base Lewis-McChord, but later changed targets.

Keywords: Two Muslim men, Justice Department, Seattle military recruiting station.

ANI

Comment on this story

Share