Rawalpindi blasts were
Andhra Pradesh ~ India ~ International ~ City ~ Entertainment ~ Business ~ Sports ~ Technology ~ Health ~ Features
Commonwealth Games ~ Nobel Prizes ~ Kim Jong-il ~ Hamid Karzai ~ Ed Miliband ~ Tony Abbott ~ Kathleen Sebelius ~ US Elections ~ Other International News
Home / International News / 2007 / September 2007 / September 4, 2007
Rawalpindi blasts were suicide attacks: Pak Govt
RSS / Print / Comments
Twin blasts in Rawalpindi

More on Twin blasts in Rawalpindi

al Qaeda

FBI failed to act on Headley's wife's terror link expose 3 yrs before Mumbai attacks

Musharraf calls PML-N leaders toothless 'paper lions' following chargesheet against him

NATO's escalating Afghan airstrikes aimed at forcing Taliban towards negotiation

More on al Qaeda

Top News

144 Section in Hyderabad ahead of Ayodhya verdict

Manmohan Singh to campaign in Bihar today

FBI failed to act on Headley's wife's terror link expose 3 yrs before Mumbai attacks

Craven's horror flicks 'were inspired by real stories'

RBI will intervene if inflows turn lumpy: Subbarao

Enforcement Directorate issues 'Look Out Circular' against Lalit Modi

Now, laser technology that destroys tumours using heat

Waist size, not BMI can foretell cardiovascular risk in children

Rawalpindi blasts were suicide attacks: Pak Govt

The Pakistan Government on Tuesday said that the twin blasts in Rawalpindi that killed 25 people were suicide attacks carried out by tribal militants.

Islamabad, Sept 4 : The Pakistan Government on Tuesday said that the twin blasts in Rawalpindi that killed 25 people were suicide attacks carried out by tribal militants.

Spokesman of the Interior Ministry Javed Iqbal Cheema said that one particular group was behind these attacks.

Though he did not name the group, he said that it was the same group, which had earlier carried out blasts in Islamabad and their August 14 attack was averted.

While the toll in the blast has risen to 25, the official confirmed that five members of the alleged gang have already been arrested, The News reported.

However he declined to state that al-Qaeda was behind the suicide attacks.

The official said that the federal and provincial governments have been directed to make exclusive arrangements to ensure the law and order situation in the city, as alerts have been sounded in all major cities of the country.

ANI

Suggested pages for your additional reading
AndhraNews.net on Facebook






© 2000-2017 AndhraNews.net. All Rights Reserved and are of their respective owners.
Disclaimer, Terms of Service & Privacy Policy | Contact Us