Sonia Gandhi warns voters not to believe false claims of opposition
March 30, 2014 - New Delhi
- Congress president and UPA chairperson Sonia Gandhi address electoral rallies in Assam and Delhi on Sunday.
- Sonia Gandhi lashed out at the opposition for dividing the nation by making false claims.
- Congress delivers, while the opposition parties makes big talk, Sonia Gandhi said.
- Hailing people of Northeast as the people who know real nationalism, Sonia Gandhi warned them not to fall for the opposition who talks big on nationalism.
- Warning that running a Government is no child's play, Sonia Gandhi accused the Aam Aadmi Party for running away instead of running the government.
- Sonia Gandhi accused the BJP for propagating the politics of hatred to come to power, while Congress has strengthened the Ganga-Jamuna culture.
- Saying that Congress has fulfilled the promises made in its manifesto, Sonia Gandhi listed out the achievements of UPA including Right to Information Act (RTI), food security, implementing recommendations of sixth pay commission, constituting seventh pay commission etc.
- The coming elections are a fight between Congress' unifying and BJP's divisive ideology, she added.
- Sonia Gandhi addressed the rallies in Lakhimpur (Assam) and Ajmal Khan Park (Delhi) and concluded her speech chating 'Jai Hind'.