Sabir Ali to file defamation suit against Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi
March 29, 2014 - New Delhi
- Sabir Ali, the expelled JDU leader Sabir Ali, whose membership with BJP was annulled within 24 hours, has decided to file a defamation suit against BJP leader Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi.
- Membership of Sabir Ali was annulled by BJP president Rajnath Singh, a day after he joined the party, due to growing resistance from BJP leaders. Several BJP leaders have openly criticized Sabir Ali's induction into the party.
- Speaking to media after his membership with BJP got annulled, Sabir Ali said that he does not feel insulted by the series of events. He said that he will file a defamation case against Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi.
- Sabir Ali expressed faith in his voters and said he was prepared to go to any village in the country to prove that he has a larger support base. He challenged Naqvi to prove the charges made against him and said he is ready for a debate on the issue.
- BJP senior leader Naqvi has linked Sabir Ali with Indian Mujahideen co-founder Yaseen Bhatkal. Naqvi tweeted against induction of Sabir Ali only to remove the controversial tweet soon after.
- Several other BJP leaders including Rajeshwar Chaurasia, Balbir Punj and Kalraj Mishra also expressed their disappointment with the leadership. Even the Rashriya Swayamsevak Sangh also backed Naqvi and criticized the induction of Sabir Ali into BJP.