Narendra Modi says he is proud of his ideology
March 29, 2014 - New Delhi
- BJP prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi hit back at Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's remarks on his links with RSS.
- Modi addressing a public meeting in Baghpat in Uttar Pradesh on Saturday. Referring to the remarks of Rahul Gandhi made during the launch of Congress electoral manifesto, Modi said that he is proud that he was born from an ideology. He said that his ideology is that society is above family and Mother India is everything for them. Modi said that they will live and die for people.
- The ideology that Modi represents is based on the altar of sacrifice and service, he added.
- Rahul Gandhi, on Wednesday, attacked Modi saying that it was not about an individual, but the ideology that Modi represents which is exclusionary ideology.
- Narendra Modi also took digs at Ajit Singh, saying that Ajit has deviated from his father Chaudhary Charan Singh's path. Ajit's father was farmers path, while Ajit Singh is now after power, Modi said.
- Modi said that 'Jai Jawan, Jai Kisan' is the manifesto of BJP and that 2014 is the age of Congress-free India.