Modi hopes he would receive cooperation from West Bengal if he comes to power
April 18, 2014 - New Delhi
- BJP's prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi expressed home that he would receive the cooperation of West Bengal Chief Minister Mamata Banerjee for industrialization in West Bengal and resolving the Singur problem.
- He said that he hopes Trinamool Congress would not indulge in votebank politics on the question of development of the state.
- Narendra Modi said that he has given land to the Tatas for the Nano project when they were in trouble. Admitting that he has has a guilty feeling towards West Bengal, Modi said that when he thinks about the development of entire country, he will have to think about Singur also.
- Trinamool Congress forced Tatas to shift their Nano project to Gujarat, after they protested the acquisition of farmland in Singur which was given by the then Left Front government.
- Narendra Modi said that the recent criticism between both the parties is natural during election campaign.
- He promised that he will not be revengeful against any state if he comes to power. He said BJP and TMC are two different parties with different ideologies, it is natural that there will be criticism.