Manmohan Singh accuses BJP of resorting to divisive politics
March 29, 2014 - Sibsagar
- Prime Minister Manmohan Singh accused BJP of resorting to divisive politics in a desperate attempt to come to power.
- Addressing an electoral rally in Sibsagar district, Assam Manmohan Singh said that a party which indulges in politics that divides the country cannot bring development to that country. Adding that India is a country with different cultures, regions and languages, BJP is indulging in divisive politics.
- Manmohan Singh accused BJP of not having any specific policies for development of the country. Instead the party is based on one person, he said.
- Manmohan Singh credited UPA government for bringing policies for the welfare of the country and people for the last ten years.
- The Prime Minister said that though they achieved much in both the first and second tenures of UPA, he felt that they still have much more to be done.
- Manmohan Singh listed the achievements of the UPA government in the last ten years in his speech.
- Manmohan Singh urged the voters to vote for his former Cabinet colleague Bijoy Krishna Handique for the Jorhat Lok Sabha constituency.