Jaswant Singh questions BJP on his expulsion
March 30, 2014 - Barmer
- A day after being expelled from the party, former Bharatiya Janata Party leader Jaswant Singh expressed his displeasure at being treated in such a way from the party that he co-founded.
- Jaswant Singh said that the party is giving up its vital principles of conduct in public life and it's vision under the pretence of party discipline.
- He accused the BJP for putting up with the pretty whims of individuals instead of greater good of the people.
- He mentioned that he had co-founded the BJP party with AB Vajpayee, LK Advani and Bhairon Singh Shekhawat in 1980.
- Jaswant Singh questioned the party's decision to field former Congress MLA Sonaram Chaudhary for the Barmer Lok Sabha instead of him.
- He will contest the elections as Independent candidate with Battery torch as his symbol.