Impossible for BJP coming to power at Centre, says Antony
March 30, 2014 - Thiruvananthapuram
- Defence Minister and Congress Working Committee member AK Antony said that BJP forming a government at Centre would be impossible. He expressed confidence that Congress-led UPA government will form a secular government after the Lok Sabha elections next month.
- Addressed a public meeting at Kasargod in Kerala, Antony said that they keep away the communal forces from coming to power and would take the help from all secular parties to achieve the goal.
- Congress will also lead a United Democratic Front in Kerala, he said. The party would take support of CPI-M if the later are sincere in helping form a secular government at Centre and fight religious fundamentalists from coming to power at Centre.
- The defence minister claimed that 80 per cent of the youth are behind UDF in Kerala and that UDF will register a record victory in Kerala Lok Sabha electins.
- When asked about the case involving Kerala Chief Minister Oommen Chandy, he opined that there is no necessity for Chandy to resign.
- Antony later addressed election meetings at Payyannoor and Kanhangad.