BJP MLA threatens to strip Sonia and Rahul Gandhi and send them to Italy
March 31, 2014 - Jaipur
- Within days after a Congress Lok Sabha candidate has threatened to chop Narendra Modi into pieces, a BJP MLA now has threatened the Congress president Sonia Gandhi and vice president Rahul Gandhi that they would be stripped and sent back to Italy.
- Addressing a rally of his supporters in Tonk, Rajasthan BJP MLA Heeralal Regar said that both Sonia and Rahul will be sent back to Italy if BJP comes to power.
- Realising the impact that would be made by his remark, Regar soon apologized in a television interview. He said that he had been misquoted and that he has not taken any names.
- The Congress party immediately complained about the abusive comments to the Election Commission.
- It is known that Congress MP candidate from Sharanpur Imraan Masood has earlier delivered a hate speech which landed him in jail on Saturday.