Advani appeals to people to vote for change
March 31, 2014 - Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India
- Veteran BJP leader LK Advani addressed his first electoral rally for the 2014 election today in Shevgaon, which is part of Ahmedabad Lok Sabha constituency. He campaigned for BJP MP Dinesh Gandhi.
- Addressing the gathering, Advani praised BJP Chief Ministers Shivraj Singh Chouhan of Madhya Pradesh and Raman Singh of Chhattisgarh. He said that BJP prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi who is also the Chief Minister of Gujarat isn't the only BJP CM who scored a hat-trick of electoral wins.
- Advani has said that the country will be lead by Narendra Modi after the election which would change the face of India. Modi will review the process of development started by Vajpayee.
- "Vote for Change, vote for Modi" said Advani during his speech.
- Praising the former Prime Minister Atal Bihari Vajpayee's administration, Advani said that had Vajpayee be given another chance, the NDA government would have completed the project of connecting rivers for the benefit of farmers.
- Criticising Prime Minister Manmohan Singh as a Prime Minister with a position but no power, he said that the NDA government has formed three new states but problems like Telangana never arose. He said that despite restrictions by US after Pokhran blasts, NDA never let inflation out of control.
- Advani was not happy earlier with the party for forcing him to contest from Gandhinagar constituency again, but changed his mind after Modi met him.