Aamir Khan writes to EC, says he is not endorsing any political party
March 28, 2014 - New Delhi
- Aamir Khan confirms not endorsing AAP
- Bollywood film actor Aamir Khan has written to Election Commission clarifying that he is not endorsing any political party
- Aamir Khan has decided to write to election commission after a campaign in social media showed Aamir Khan supporting Aam Aadmi Party
- Supporters of Aam Aadmi Party were using the image of Aamir Khan in pictures and posters of Facebook campaigns.
- The Actor found that such social media campaigns is projecting a false impression of him.
- Recently the Election Commission decided to rope Aamir Khan as national icon.
- Aamir Khan is a social activist and often campaigns for social causes. He is the grandson of freedom fighter Maulana Abul Kalam Azad and has also named his son Azad.
- Aamir Khan has earlier addressed crowds at Ramlila Maidan in Delhi during the Lokpal agitation by Anna Hazare