AndhraNews.net
Home » India News » 2012 » May » May 17, 2012

Wankhede brawl: Case filed against SRK


May 17, 2012 - Mumbai

The Mumbai police on Thursday filed cases of non- cognizable offences against Shah Rukh Khan and three others in relation to the brawl the actor allegedly got into at Wankhede stadium last night.

The filing of the non-cognizable offence means that the police are unlikely to take any strong action and may just warn the two parties.

The actor had got into a verbal spat with Mumbai Cricket Association (MCA) officials and some security personnel after an IPL match between his side, Kolkata Knight Riders (KKR) and the Mumbai Indians.

While the police and the MCA have alleged misbehaviour by Khan, the actor countered the allegations by saying his children were manhandled by the officials and the guards at the stadium.

Speaking to reporters earlier on Thursday, Khan said, "I went to pick up my children. As they were misbehaving with the children and manhandling them, they were abusive. I got angry as they were abusing."

Khan has also denied the MCA officials' claim that he was drunk. "It is wrong to say that I was under the influence of liquor. I was not drunk," he said.

Meanwhile, SRK is likely to be banned by the MCA from entering the Wankhede Stadium for life.

The decision on banning him will be taken next week, Union Minister and president of MCA Vilasrao Deshmukh said.

ANI

Comment on this story

Share