Court allows Trehan
Andhra Pradesh ~ India ~ International ~ City ~ Entertainment ~ Business ~ Sports ~ Technology ~ Health ~ Features
2010 Commonwealth Games ~ 2010 Nobel Prizes ~ Sachin Tendulkar ~ Rajasthan Royals ~ Kings XI Punjab ~ Sushil Kumar ~ Deepika Kumari ~ Somdev Devvarman ~ HR Bhardwaj
Home / India News / 2007 / May 2007 / May 19, 2007
Court allows Trehan to work at Escorts till Aug 6(Lead: Trehan)
RSS / Print / Comments

Top News

144 Section in Hyderabad ahead of Ayodhya verdict

Manmohan Singh to campaign in Bihar today

FBI failed to act on Headley's wife's terror link expose 3 yrs before Mumbai attacks

Craven's horror flicks 'were inspired by real stories'

RBI will intervene if inflows turn lumpy: Subbarao

Enforcement Directorate issues 'Look Out Circular' against Lalit Modi

Now, laser technology that destroys tumours using heat

Waist size, not BMI can foretell cardiovascular risk in children

Court allows Trehan to work at Escorts till Aug 6(Lead: Trehan)

Dr. Naresh Trehan, a renowned cardiologist, who has been dismissed by the management of the New Delhi based Escorts Heart Institute and Research Centre (EHRIC), have been granted relief by a local court allowing him to work at the hospital till August 6.

New Delhi, May 19 : Dr. Naresh Trehan, a renowned cardiologist, who has been dismissed by the management of the New Delhi based Escorts Heart Institute and Research Centre (EHRIC), have been granted relief by a local court allowing him to work at the hospital till August 6.

Trehan has been granted full access to the Escorts hospital as per court's order.

Fortis Healthcare having a majority stake in the Escorts hospital had on Saturday dismissed Trehan and filed a case against him on alleged charges of vandalism.

Earlier on Saturday, admirers and supporters of Dr. Trehan had forced themselves into the hospital compound and forcibly opened his locked office, as the hospital management disallowed Trehan from entering the hospital premises.

Relatives of patients who are under Dr. Trehan's care along with other supporters protested against the decision of Fortis Healthcare to prevent Dr. Trehan's entry.

"He should fulfill his commitment and then go. He should satisfy the patients and their attendants," said Komal, relative of a patient.

However, the officials of Fortis Healthcare contended that Dr. Trehan had demitted his office and will not continue operations henceforth.

"Dr. Trehan demitted his office yesterday. He can come and meet his patients but he cannot operate. It has come in the press today, it's conflict of interests," said J S Puri, Vice President, Corporate Affairs, Fortis Healthcare and Escorts.

Trehan, who helped to set up the Escorts Hospital in 1988, is outraged by the Management's decision.

Dr. Trehan said he along with his team of doctors would continue to take care of patients.

"We are doctors. We take care of patients. I have operated yesterday on a dozen of patients. There are patients today who are waiting for surgery. There are patients who are waiting for Monday, Tuesday. There are patients from overseas, even from America. It is my responsibility and responsibility of all the doctors to take care of patients. They have no authority to ask me to leave because it is a fact that they do not own it. It's under dispute," said Dr. Naresh Trehan.

Between the doctor and the management, it is the patients who are suffering.

''He should not have been removed. He is a good doctor,'' said a patient.

Fortis on Friday announced that Dr. Trehan had relinquished his post of Executive Director of EHRIC to pursue the Medicity project planned by him in Gurgaon.

Dr. Trehan continues to hold a 10 per cent stake in Escorts.

ANI

Suggested pages for your additional reading
AndhraNews.net on Facebook






© 2000-2017 AndhraNews.net. All Rights Reserved and are of their respective owners.
Disclaimer, Terms of Service & Privacy Policy | Contact Us