Home » Features » Celebrities » Lindsay Lohan - Legal Issues

Lindsay Lohan - Legal Issues

Lindsay Lohan has had few legal issues and trouble with the law.

She has been imprisoned six times as of November 2012 and has spent less than two weeks behind bars. In 2011, Lindsay Lohan she spent 35 days under house arrest after pleading no contest to stealing a $2,500 necklace. She remains on informal probation for that theft, which means she could face a jail term if arrested.

Accusations of Jewel theft and community service

In January 2011, Lindsay Lohan has been accused of stealing a high-end piece of jewelry. During that time, her mother Dina Lohan came out in public about Lindsay's 'life-long' battle against addiction. Judge Stephanie Sautner sentenced Lohan to 480 hours of community service for violating her probation stemming from a 2007 DUI charge, 360 of which must be performed at the Downtown Women's Center. She was spotted braless in a see-through top at the Los Angeles Women's Center as part of her court-ordered community service.

Arrest for allegedly hitting a pedesterian in downtown Manhattan

On September 19, 2012 Lindsay Lohan was arrested for allegedly hitting a pedesterian while parking her Porsche Cayenne at the Dream Hotel in Manhattan. She fled the scene and the police arrested her when she was coming out at 2:30 am. The police released her later after giving a desk appearance ticket.

The Manhattan District Attorney's Office declined to prosecute the case.

Scuffle with a man in New York

Lindsay Lohan had a scuffle with a man in a New York hotel on 30 Sep 2012. The trouble broke out when Lindsay demanded a man to delete the photos of her he took on his cellphone. A misdemeanor assault charge was filed on Christian LaBella, 25, but were dropped later in the day. Media reports said that LaBella is a staffer with Congressman and Illinois Republican John Shimkus. According to Lindsay Lohan's spokesman, Lindsay was the victim of an assault and even suffered minor injuries in the attack.

Arrest at a NYC night club for allegedly punching a woman

Lindsay Lohan was arrested on 29 November 2012 for allegedly punching a woman in the face at a night club in New York. The woman whom Lindsay Lohan allegedly punched is a Palm Beach palm reader Tiffany Ava Mitchell.

The incident happened at a New York City nightclub at Club Avenue at 4 a.m. According to media reports, Lindsay Lohan got into some argument with a fellow patron at a night club and it became physical. Words were exchanged prior to the physical attack and by the time the police arrived Lindsay Lohan was said to have left the club and was in the passenger seat in a car leaving the area. The police intercepted the car and made the arrest.

Lindsay Lohan was booked for 3rd degree misdemeanor assault and was given a desk appearance. After several hours at the police station, Lindsay Lohan was released. She will have to show up in court in the future. The investigators are looking into the security footage of the incident.

Tiffany Mitchell is said to be aggravated, swollen and didn't want to leave the house after the incident. Her husband Wayne Stevens said that her cheek is swollen and that she's pretty aggravated.

More charges

Later in the day, Lindsay Lohan was charged with three additional misdemeanors for lying to the Santa Monica, California, Police for lying about a June car crash on the Pacific Coast Highway. Lohan told the police then that she was the passenger in the Porsche that she crashed. The police later found evidence that she was the driver. The charges will be enough for a judge to revoke the probation of Lindsay Lohan in connection to the jewel theft in 2011.


2012 Truck Accident

On June 8 2012, Lindsay Lohan was hospitalized after she crashed her black Porsche while driving on the Pacific Coast Highway. The car she was traveling in collided with a lorry that led to the crash. The passenger window was completely shattered and the bumper of the car was taken off. She and her assistant had some bleeding and bruises and were immediately taken to the UCLA Medical Center.

Lindsay Lohan was released after the doctors performed some tests in a couple of hours. According to the police, neither Lindsay Lohan nor the driver of the lorry were driving under influence. The lorry driver who was involved in the accident blamed Lindsay Lohan for the accident. He said that he was minding his own business and was traveling in the right lane and denied suggestions that he tried to cut her off. He said that he is traveling at 40 miles per hour and that there were eyewitnesses on the scene who could prove that it's Lindsay's fault.

Comment on this story