AndhraNews.net
Home » Features » Airlines » SpiceJet

SpiceJet


SpiceJet

About SpiceJet

SpiceJet is a Delhi-based India's low cost domestic airliner delivering the lowest air fares with the highest consumer value. The airliner is backed by funding by billionaire Wilbur Ross. SpiceJet started its operations in May 2005 and became the second largest low-cost airliner by 2008. In 2009, the company made plans to spread to more smaller Indian cities. Reports also said that company is looking into acquiring a domestic low-cost carrier (LCC) as well as diluting minority stake to a foreign.

The airlines is promoted by Kalanithi Maran.

Management

  • Promoted by Kalanithi Maran
  • Chief Operating Officer: Sanjiv Kapoor

Network

SpiceJet has around 100 flights daily covering 17 destinations -- a definite increase from 2006, when SpiceJet flew to 14 destinations with 83 flights operating daily. In 2006, the fleet size of SpiceJet was 11 aircraft. At the end of 2007, the airline added seven more aircraft to its fleet, with a further order for 13 aircraft from Boeing scheduled for delivery over 2008 -2011. The number of passengers who flew with SpiceJet in 2006 was 2.21 million, rising to 3.7 million in 2007.

SpiceJet operates 98 flights daily to 17 cities (as of November 08) viz. Ahmadabad, Bangalore, Bagdogra, Chennai, Coimbatore, Delhi, Guwahati, Goa, Hyderabad, Jammu, Jaipur, Kolkata, Mumbai, Pune, Srinagar, Varanasi and Visakhapatnam. Our on-time performance is amongst the best in India, at 82%, coupled with a Technical Dispatch Reliability of 99.6% making us an airline with least cancellations. SpiceJet's new generation fleet of 15 Boeing 737-800 / 737-900ER aircraft are backed by cutting edge technology and infrastructure to ensure the highest standards in safety and operating efficiency.

Revenues

  • Fourth quarter ending March 31, 2011 - Revenue at 760 crore.
  • Fourth quarter ending March 31, 2012 - Revenue increased by 46% to 1113 crore.

Awards and Recognition

  • November 2008: 2008 Emerging Company of the Year Award for Indian Commercial Aviation, Frost & Sullivan

Timeline

SpiceJet slashes air fares by 75% under a new offer. The offer is to attract early summer bookings and will be open till midnight of Feb 26. The scheme named 'Super Summer Sale' will allow air travellers to avail discount rates for travel between April 1 and June 30, 2014. Feb 24, 2014

In March 2009, the airliner introduced a 'book for two, pay for one' three-day promotion offer.

SpiceJet in News

MaXposure Media Group Bags Contract to Publish Rail Bandhu, the Only On-Board Magazine of the Indian Railways
Business Wire IndiaMaXposure Media Group, India’s largest corporate publishing company with over 30 titles in its portfolio, has been awarded the contract to publish Rail Bandhu, the only official on-board magazine of the Indian Railways. The organisation won the contract to publish the Rail Bandhu magazine for three years following an open tender

Expedia LCC Airline Index 2015 : Indians Opt for LCCs more often than Full Service Airlines
Business Wire IndiaToday the Expedia group’s Global Tour & Transport team released the latest results of its Low Cost Carrier (LCC) Airline Index, a study conducted by Northstar that examined Asia-Pacific travelers’ attitudes towards LCCs. Spurred by LCC growth, supply in Asia-Pacific is expected to increase by 9

Stage set for Godavari Pushkarams – 2015
Rs.1,470 crore for Pushkarams and over 3 crore devotees are expected to have a dip

Andhra Pradesh News on July 3 , 2015
Andhra Pradesh News and Headlines on July 3, 2015

YSRCP MLA Bhuma Nagi Reddy arrested
Shifted to NIMS for medical aid

Spice jet Ltd. Launches Celebration Sale
The offer is from today to midnight of May 23

Bombardier Announces Smart Parts Agreements Covering 31 Q400 Aircraft
Paris International Air Show

Johari Family Buys Back MaXposure Media Group from Gruner + Jahr
The Johari Family has bought back the business of MaXposure Media Group from Gruner + Jahr (the publishing division of European media conglomerate Bertelsmann) for an undisclosed amount. Gruner + Jahr had acquired a majority (78.75%) interest in MaXposure back in 2011. The remaining 21.25% were held by the Group’s co-founder Prakash Johari

Cornitos is the Snack Partner for Jaypee Punjab Warriors
Cornitos, the flagship brand of Green Dot Health Foods Ltd has announced its association with the Hockey India League (HIL) team – Jaypee Punjab Warriors. Cornitos is the snack partner for the team this season and the association will be promoted by both partners through their communication and social media channels

SpiceJet Selects airRM as Its Revenue Management System
Revenue Management Systems (RMS) is excited to announce that it has been selected to provide SpiceJet with state-of-the-art revenue management, inventory control, and reporting tools. SpiceJet has chosen airRM, the innovative revenue management software developed by RMS, Inc., to help it identify sales opportunities and maximize passenger revenues

MaXposure Media Group Sweeps 53rd ABCI Awards
In what is regarded as one of the most prestigious award ceremonies, MaXposureMedia G + J has swept away with as many as nine awards for its various magazines at the 53rd ABCI Annual Awards Nite held in Mumbai

MaXposure Media Group to Publish Inflight Magazine of Biman Bangladesh Airlines
MaXposure Media Group (MaXposure) has bagged the contract for publishing Biman Bangladesh Airlines’ inflight magazine. The national carrier of Bangladesh flies to 18 destinations, including 14 international cities. MaXposure Media Group won the bid leaving behind seven other publishing houses from the United Kingdom, Fiji, India and Bangladesh

Bombardier Brings its Diversified Portfolio of Industry-Leading Aircraft and Customer Services to the 2012 Singapore Airshow

Airlines to be allowed to import jet fuel, says Ajit Singh
Civil Aviation Minister Ajit Singh on Tuesday said the Indian airlines would be allowed to import jet fuel directly under a proposal from a ministerial panel, sending airline shares sharply higher on the prospect that they will be able to cut costs.

Ramco Systems Wins Order from Ornge
Ramco Systems, the Global Aviation Maintenance & Engineering (M&E) and Maintenance, Repair & Overhaul (MRO) software provider, announced today its agreement with Ornge Issuer Trust, of which Ornge is the beneficiary, for Ramco’s Series 5 Aviation M&E software

Bomb threat grounds SpiceJet flight in Kathmandu
A SpiceJet aircraft, scheduled from Kathmandu to New Delhi, was evacuated at Kathmandu's Tribhuvan International Airport on Sunday after airport officials suspected that a bomb had been planted in the aircraft.

Gruner + Jahr Acquires Majority interest in MaXposure Media Group, India
G+J International is acquiring a 78.75 percent interest in MaXposure Media Group India Pvt. Ltd., the effective date being July 1st, 2011. The remaining 21.25 percent are held by the Group’s founder, Prakash Johari, who will continue to serve as CEO & Managing Director after G+J’s takeover of the majority. His brother and co-founder Vikas Johari will be appointed COO

Avolon Expands Middle East and Asian Customer Base and Sees Significant Long Term Opportunities within the Region
Avolon www.avolon.aero, the aircraft leasing group, has announced the significant growth of its business interests in the Middle East and Asia-Pacific regions, with the leasing of 26 aircraft to nine leading carriers

Ezeego1 keeps the Independence Day Spirit
In celebration of the 64th Independence day, Ezeego1.com, the online travel market place has pledged to donate Rs. 10 on every flight booking made through its portal for travel between 11th August and 22nd August 2011. The money will go to the Mamta KG School near Worli Naka, Mumbai

Senior DGCA official sacked over nepotism charge
: The Joint Director of Air Safety at the Directorate General of Civil Aviation (DGCA), R.S. Passi, was removed from his post on Tuesday.

Captain Gopinath, Kiran Bedi and G R K Reddy to Address at India Leadership Conclave
Corruption has no place in a free economy & competitive free liberalized growth nation like India, World’s well known democracy with a rich cultural heritage. Peace & Compassion has no boundaries & are the best weapons to curb & fight against the strong

Fake pilot probe: Two DGCA officials held
Two Directorate General of Civil Aviation (DGCA)fficials have been arrested here for allegedly helping pilots procure commercial pilot licences.

Fake pilot probe: Two more arrested for forging documents
Two more persons, including a pilot, were arrested here today by Delhi Police in connection with the fake flying license scam.

Another pilot arrested for forging documents
One more pilot has been arrested here today in connection with the fake flying license scam.

Bombardier Announces Financial Results for the Fourth Quarter and the Year Ended January 31, 2011
Bombardier /Bombardier Announces Financial Results for the Fourth Quarter and the Year Ended January 31, 2011 . Processed and transmitted by Thomson Reuters ONE.The issuer is solely responsible for the content of this announcement.

Comment on this story

Share