Photo: © Lalith
Pawan Kalyan is a Tollywood film actor and a politician. He is the founder of 'Jana Sena' political party.
Pawan Kalyan is known for his strong beliefs towards social issues. His social thoughts and actions are fondly referred to as 'Pawanism' by his fans.
Pawan Kalyan has campaigned for his brother Chiranjeevi when the later Praja Rajyam Party before the 2009 elections. After Praja Rajyam was merged with Congress Party, Pawan Kalyan was merged with Congress party, Pawan Kalyan stayed away from active politics. He was said to be unhappy with his brother Chiranjeevi's decision to merge Praja Rajyam Party with Congress.
Launch of Party
In 2014, Pawan Kalyan has announced that he would launch a political party 'Jana Sena'. The decision to launch his own political outfit while his brother enjoys a Union Minister post and being a president of Seemandhra Congress campaigning committee didn't go well with Chiranjeevi.
Pawan Kalyan has made a formal announcement of the launch of party on March 14, 2014. The launch of his political party was organized at a HICC convention centre in Madhapur, Hyderabad, where Pawan Kalyan addressed his fans and supporters for about 2 hours. He wore a simple brown Kurta and white pyjama and sported a beard. About 3000 people and a media contingent have been invited for the announcement of Pawan Kalyan. The Tollywood actor will also unveil the symbol and flag of party along with detailing the agenda.
A 40 feet by 16 feet LED screen was erected at the venue and strict instructions to invitees were given including that the media be present a full half hour before the arrival of Pawan Kalyan at 6 pm. His fans have set up several screens across the State that will beam the address of Pawan Kalyan.
Main Article: Pawan Kalyan launches Jana Sena Party
Highlights of Pawan Kalyan Speech
- Jana Sena may not contest the 2014 Lok Sabha and Assembly elections as it is still in the building phase.
- Pawan Kalyan said that posts of MLA, MP, Minister of Chief Minister does not matter to him at all.
- Jana Sena is anti-Congress. It's goal is to defeat Congress in both Seemandhra and Telangana states. Kalyan said that he is sick and tired of Congress which is responsible for today's plight of the Telugus and for endangering the security and integrity of the country by dividing the state without any norms.
- Pawan Kalyan said that he is willing to join forces with any party to ensure defeat of Congress.
- Kalyan said that he respects his brother Chiranjeevi and loves him. He clarified that he had to go against his brother due to Congress party's action of dividing the state without following any norms.
- Kalyan said that he is not going to spare anyone, however high they may be placed.
- Pawan Kalyan said that he is an Indian and doesn't have a caste or religion.
- He asked Telangana Jagruti forum leader Kavitha to reveal the accounts of donations received before she asks him to tender an apology to Telangana people.
- Pawan Kalyan concluded the speech saying 'Congress hatao, desh bachao'
'Youth for the Nation and Fight for the Nation'
Jana Sena party is organizing a mega meeting on March 27 in Visakhapatnam christened as 'Youth for the Nation and Fight for the Nation'.
In a statement, the party issued on Sunday said that Jana Sena chief Pawan Kalyan will launch 'ISM' book. The statement said that they expect nearly six lakh people.
The party conducted a bike rally from Monday across the State to take the ideology of the party to the people.
In his first public meeting after launching Jana Sena party, Pawan Kalyan continued his attack on Congress party. Pawan Kalyan said that he would support Narendra Modi as prime minister of the country unconditionally. He urged the people to vote for candidates who can rebuild Seemandhra. Concluding his speech, Pawan Kalyan said that though he identified candidates to the contest the 2014 elections, he decided against it to ensure votes against Congress are not split. Mar 27, 2014
Pawan Kalyan offered his support to Bharatiya Janata Party and Telugu Desam Party in the 2014 elections. He addressed public meetings in Telangana and shared dais with BJP prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi and TDP chief Chandrababu Naidu.
He campaigned for NDA candidates in the 2014 elections.
- April 25th - Serlingampally, Kukatpally, Sanathnagar and Secunderabad
- April 26th - Siricilla, Husnabad, Palakurthy
- April 27th - LB Nagar, Amberpet, Khairathabad, Ibrahimpatnam
- April 28th - Nalgonda, Bhuvanagiri and Mahabubabad
Pawan Kalyan along with BJP prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi and TDP chief N Chandrababu Naidu addressed public meetings at Madanapalli, Chittoor and Visakhapatnam. May 1, 2014
Pawan Kalyan will canvass for TDP and BJP candidates at a public meeting on Ananda Bharati grounds on Cinema Road in Kakinada. Former minister and TDP Kakinada Lok Sabha nominee Thota Narsimham will be present. May 2, 2014
Pawan Kalyan said division of State was taken up by former Chief Minister YS Rajasekhara Reddy and is supported by his son Jagan Mohan Reddy. He refused to blame Union Minister and his brother Chiranjeevi as the reason for the bifurcation of the State. He lashed out at Jagan for failing to protect the self-respect of Seemandhra people. Pawan Kalyan addressed a public meeting at Subramanya Grounds in Rajahmundry. May 2, 2014
Pawan Kalyan campaigned in Vizianagaram district, the home turf of former PCC chief and Minister Botcha Satyanarayana. Pawan Kalyan blamed Jagan Mohan Reddy for the bifurcation of the State and said that former CM Rajasekhara Reddy and his family had grabbed lands in Telangana that led to adding fuel to the Telangana agitation. Jagan with the sole intention of becoming Chief Minister has led to the division of the State. Pawan Kalyan also lashed out at Botcha Satyanarayana saying that the former Minister led to curfew in Vizianagaram during the Samaikyandhra agitation. May 3, 2014
Pawan Kalyan visits villages in Guntur to interact with farmers. Addressing a gathering, Pawan Kalyan urged the government not to invoke Land Acquisition Act for the purpose of building capital city. Aug 23, 2015
Invited to capital foundation stone laying ceremonyMinisters Ch Ayyanna Patrudu and Kamineni Srinivasa Rao personally invited Pawan Kalyan to attend the foundation stone laying ceremony of capital Amaravati on 22 October 2015. The Ministers drove to Ramanaidu studios at Nanakramguda where Pawan Kalyan was shooting for his upcoming movie. The Ministers informed Pawan Kalyan that the Chief Minister Chandrababu Naidu asked them to personally inform the actor that his presence would give a lot of encouragement. Pawan said that he would away for shooting in Gujarat at that time, but would make it to the ceremony if he is around. An ugly incident marred the meeting as a supporter of Pawan Kalyan roughed up a TV journalist. Pawan had to meet the journalist and said he would take action against the erring person. Oct 17, 2015