Rihanna settles lawsuit with ex-accountants
April 18, 2014 - Los Angeles
- Pop star Rihanna has agreed for a settlement of a lawsuit with her former accountants. She accused her ex-accountants for mismanaging her finances and costing her millions of dollars.
- Lawyers of both the parties told a federal judge Thursday that they have agreed for a deal. The terms of the settlement were not revealed.
- Rihanna filed the lawsuit in 2012 and claimed that accounting firm Berdon has charged exorbitant commissions from her concert tours. She also claimed that Berdon has mishandled her foreign and domestic taxes and failed to monitor unpaid song royalties.
- Rihanna claimed that she received bad advice from Peter Gounis, Michael Mitnick and the firm Berdon in 2009 to buy a $6.9 million mansion even though her financial state was bad at that time.
- The Barbados-born Rihanna is one of the world's most successful recording artists. She has numerous hits including singles like "Umbrella" and "Diamonds". Rihanna, whose real name is Robyn Fenty, has won seven Grammy awards.
- Rihanna first hired Berdon to handle her financial matters when she was 16.