Nikki Reed separates from husband Paul McDonald
March 30, 2014 - Los Angeles
- 'Twilight' star Nikki Reed has decided to end her two year marriage with Singer-Song writer Paul McDonald.
- Paul McDonald is a former American Idol contestant. The couple met at the premiere of "Red Riding Hood" in March 2011. They got married six months after on 16 October 2011.
- Nikki Reed, 25, is best known for her role Rosalie in the 'Twilight' series. She has decided to separate from her 29-year-old husband McDonald due to work reasons.
- Reed's representative said that the couple have been staying separately for the past six month due to work commitments.
- The news came as a surprise as Nikki Reed spoke happily about their marriage couple of days before the breakup to Us Weekly.
- The couple are slated to launch their debut album "I'm Not Falling" later this year. Though they are separating, they intend to stay as friends and work on the project.
- Nikki Reed appeared in public hitting a Los Angeles gym for the first time since the separation was announced. She was pictured without her wedding ring.