Popular Food Blogger Wins Tetley "London on Ice" Recipe Competition
June 27, 2014 - Montvale, NJ
MONTVALE, NJ--(Marketwired - June 27, 2014) - As National Iced Tea Month draws to a close, Tetley USA announced the winner of their "London on Ice" iced tea recipe contest. The beloved British tea brand challenged an exclusive group of 10 top food bloggers to "brew up something brilliant" in iced tea, using Tetley's new Black & Green blend. The prize, a trip for two to London, goes to Marla Meridith of Family Fresh Cooking (FamilyFreshCooking.com) for her winning recipe: "Sparkling Blueberry Ginger Iced Tea." The tantalizing iced tea recipe combines Tetley Black & Green, refreshing flavor combinations, and special touches like blueberry ice cubes into a delicious summer treat.
New Tetley Black & Green offers tea lovers the best of both in one cup or glass: the full flavor of black tea and the goodness of green tea. Providing the benefits of green tea without the bitter taste, this unique blend can be enjoyed hot or on ice for all-year-long enjoyment. As the winner of the "London on Ice" contest, Meridith will receive a seven-day trip for two to London, where she and a guest can steep themselves in Tetley's British culture.
"This is the first summer that Tetley Black & Green is available. While it tastes great on its own, hot or iced, we wanted to see how some of the most influential 'foodistas' would choose to summer brew it," said Marc Birnbaum, Marketing Executive at Tetley USA. "We were absolutely wowed by all the recipes, but Ms. Meridith's 'Sparkline Blueberry Ginger Iced Tea' used our tea in the perfect way to display its unique flavor while still doing something new and exciting."
"It's a true honor that the judges chose my Sparkling Blueberry Ginger Iced Tea as the winning recipe for the Tetley London On Ice Contest," said Marla Meridith, the force behind FamilyFreshCooking.com, a popular food blog that offers family friendly recipes with stunning photography. A native of New York, Meridith now resides in Telluride, Colorado with her family and is a sports and outdoors enthusiast, lover of travel, and an aspiring sommelier. "I had a tasty time working with Tetley Black & Green and I'm looking forward to a delightful adventure in the UK. I can't wait to share the experience with my readers!"
Each of the recipes entered in Tetley's "London on Ice" iced tea recipe contest will be posted on the Tetley website and Facebook page at www.facebook.com/tetleyusa and the winning recipe is as follows:
Sparkling Blueberry Ginger Iced Tea
By Marla Meridith of FamilyFreshCooking.com
Prep Time: 4 hours
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 4 hours, 10 minutes
- 4 Tetley Black & Green Tea Bags
- 4 cups boiling Water
- 2 cups Frozen Blueberries + 1 cup Water
- 1 tablespoon pure Honey
- 16 ounces (1 bottle) Ginger Beer (alcohol free)
Blueberry Ice Cubes
- a few cups Frozen Blueberries
- Ginger Juice
Blueberry Ice Cubes
- Add some frozen blueberries to ice cube makers. Add more to some & less to others for variety. Fill with water & freeze 4 hours to overnight.
- Bring 4 cups of water to a boil. Steep tea bags for 5 minutes. Gently squeeze bags, remove & discard. Let cool for a bit & transfer to fridge to chill.
- In a saucepan bring blueberries to boil with 1 cup of water & honey. Mash berries against the side of pan to release juices. Place a fine mesh sieve over a heat safe bowl. Pour blueberry juice through the sieve. Again, mash the blueberries against the side of mesh to release juices. Discard mashed blueberries. Let cool a bit & transfer to fridge to chill.
- In a large pitcher add the blueberry ice cubes, chilled tea & blueberry juice. Top with ginger beer. Add ginger juice to taste for a stronger, spicier ginger flavor.
Tetley has been known as an industry leader in creating a variety of delicious teas since it began producing tea over 170 years ago. Tetley is now part of Tata Global Beverages, which also includes award-winning Eight O'Clock Coffee and Good Earth Tea. Tetley has a long-standing relationship with the Ethical Tea Partnership -- an organization that drives change and helps create a thriving global tea sector that is socially just and environmentally sustainable. All Tetley branded tea, including flavored and decaffeinated varieties, will also be part of the Rainforest Alliance certification program, which is scheduled for completion by 2016. To learn more about Tetley Tea, visit www.TetleyUSA.com, become a fan on Facebook at www.facebook.com/TetleyUSA and/or follow @TetleyUSA on Twitter.
The following files are available for download:
For more information about Tetley USA, please contact
The S3 Agency