MEDIA ALERT: PURE Energies' CEO Is Climbing the Highest Mountain in the Americas to Raise Money for the David Suzuki Foundation and Promote Clean Energy
January 10, 2014 - Toronto, ON
TORONTO, ON--(Marketwired - January 10, 2014) - PURE Energies has teamed up with the David Suzuki Foundation (DSF) to raise awareness of how switching to renewable energy creates cleaner, more sustainable communities. Leading the charge is PURE Energies CEO Zbigniew Barwicz, who is embarking on a grueling personal challenge: to climb the 22,841 feet to the summit of Mount Aconcagua -- the highest mountain in the Americas -- located in the Andes in Argentina.
Media are invited to take this opportunity to track Zbigniew's monster climb every day at www.climbfordsf.com. Upon his return, Zbigniew is available to meet one-on-one to talk about his training regimen and experiences from the climb, and to discuss how he plans to convert 10,000 households to solar in 2014, thereby eliminating as much as 382,500 tonnes of CO2 emissions this year.
- PURE Energies CEO Zbigniew Barwicz has set himself a huge personal challenge: to climb Aconcagua, the highest mountain in the world outside of Asia. The ascent to the summit will take about 20 days.
- Zbigniew is challenging people who support sustainable lifestyles to donate to the David Suzuki Foundation. For every dollar donated at www.climbfordsf.com, PURE will match that dollar (up to a maximum individual donation of $10,000).
- The combination of PURE Energies and the David Suzuki Foundation offers a variety of topical issues for discussion, including sustainability, climate change, renewable energy, and the role government and consumers can take in preserving our environment.
- Zbigniew is a vocal proponent of renewable energy and sustainability, and has long been an advocate of solar power in particular. He formed PURE Energies in 2009. Since then, PURE has empowered homeowners in Canada and the USA to generate hundreds of megawatts of renewable energy.
- The DSF was founded by David Suzuki, a recognized national TV/radio personality who is on a mission to raise public awareness of how our actions affect the planet and the environment.
- Through January 17, images of the ascent from climb headquarters are available.
- Zbigniew Barwicz will be back in Toronto and available for in-person interview the week of January 21, 2014.
WHEN: the climb runs from December 31, 2013 through January 17, 2014.
WHERE: Mount Aconcagua, Argentina and Toronto, Canada.
TO SCHEDULE AN INTERVIEW OR LEARN MORE: please contact PURE Energies PR (Tim Cox at email@example.com)
ABOUT THE DAVID SUZUKI FOUNDATION
The David Suzuki Foundation collaborates with Canadians from all walks of life to conserve our environment and find solutions that will create a sustainable Canada through science-based research, education and policy work. www.davidsuzuki.org
ABOUT PURE ENERGIES
PURE Energies is committed to being the most trusted energy advisor to homeowners by facilitating the adoption of solar energy and home conservation products across North America for the benefit of communities and future generations. Based in Toronto and with an office in Mississauga, Canada, the company has expanded internationally with the acquisitions of San Francisco-based One Block Off the Grid (www.1bog.org) and Seattle-based Cooler Planet (www.coolerplanet.com). PURE Energies is a proud sponsor of the Feed-In Tariff (FIT) Program for the Province of Ontario. PURE Energies is a privately held company backed by NEA and NGEN. For more information, please visit www.pure-energies.com.
Image Available: http://www.marketwire.com/library/MwGo/2014/1/9/11G011308/Images/aconcagua-clip-1294265821311.jpg
Image Available: http://www.marketwire.com/library/MwGo/2014/1/9/11G011308/Images/DavidSuzukiFoundation-1339955639476.jpg
PR for PURE Energies