The tranSMART Foundation Doubles Attendance at Community Meeting in Paris
November 5, 2013 - Wakefield, Ma And Paris, France
The tranSMART Foundation, a non-profit organization providing a global, open-source knowledge management platform for scientists to share pre-competitive translational research data, today announced that it has doubled its attendance for its tranSMART Community Meeting being held November 5-7, 2013 and hosted by Sanofi R&D in Chilly-Mazarin, France.
"This is our third Community Meeting this year and we are thrilled with the growth in attendance," said tranSMART Foundation co-CEO Michael Braxenthaler. "This is our first time offering a scientific track and 60 percent of our registrants are scientists, demonstrating the significant interest of scientists from all over the world collaborating in drug development. We have more than 100 individuals from organizations located in Europe, Asia and the United States registered. These meetings are critical events in our efforts to grow the tranSMART community and to guide the development of the tranSMART platform, ensuring that we focus on our 3Cs - Code, Content and Community."
The conference will include a developers track and 'hackathon' focused on adding new capabilities to the tranSMART platform. Additionally, there will be a scientific track, where tranSMART community members will highlight the application of tranSMART for specific translational research programs. Finally, there will be a community session, where tranSMART community members will participate in the governance and direction of the Foundation.
The keynote speakers at the conference will include:
- Andrew Plump, VP, Research & Translational Medicine & Deputy to the President of Global R&D at Sanofi - "Translational Drug Discovery - Transforming Science into Medicine"
- Paul Avillach, Research Associate at Harvard Medical School - CBMI - "Creating a Comprehensive Clinical and 'Omics Information Commons on Autism"
- Massimo Brignoli, Sales Consultant at the MongoDB Company - "MongoDB: What, Why and When"
- Peter Rice, Research Associate, eTRIKS Project at Imperial College London - "Herding Cats: Managing Open Source Projects and Communities"
- Keith Elliston, CSO at tranSMART Foundation - "Developing a Translational Research Community around the tranSMART Platform"
For the complete agenda, click here. For those unable to attend in person, remote participation via GoToWebinar will be made available and workshop sessions will be recorded for future viewing on YouTube.
About The tranSMART Foundation
The tranSMART Foundation is a non-profit organization that provides an open-source, cloud-based, data-sharing and analysis platform that enables scientists at universities, disease foundations, pharmaceutical companies, and government agencies around the world to share pre-competitive data in a way that saves money and time in translating research findings into new therapies and diagnostic tools. Founded to steward the tranSMART platform, the Foundation is headquartered in Wakefield, Massachusetts with Centers of Excellence in Ann Arbor, Mich.; London, England; Boston, Mass.; and Amsterdam, Netherlands. The tranSMART Foundation can also be found on the web at www.tranSMARTFoundation.org.
A&E Communications, Inc.