Leading Contemporary Retailer Urban Outfitters Goes Live With TradeStone PLM
December 18, 2013 - Gloucester, MA
GLOUCESTER, MA--(Marketwired - December 18, 2013) -
- TradeStone Software, delivering Merchandise Lifecycle Management (MLM) solutions that unify the design, sourcing, ordering and delivery of retail goods, today announced that Urban Outfitters has gone live with TradeStone's PLM solution.
- TradeStone's MLM software suite serves as a global platform that simplifies and manages all aspects of design, development and delivery for the retailer's 3,000+ supplier community and estimated 800 internal users.
- The enhanced visibility, communication and collaboration that TradeStone has provided Urban Outfitters has enabled them to be more agile, increase productivity and deliver more innovative and on-trend items to stores.
- Urban Outfitters is utilizing TradeStone's PLM solution to manage color, material and artwork libraries, define color palettes, specify product construction details and packaging, develop Bills of Materials, track samples and build technical specifications.
- TradeStone PLM is replacing the retailer's Web PDM solution, bridging the gap that previously existed between the design team and the other teams using TradeStone to develop the retailer's novel and distinctive fashion, footwear and accessories.
- Urban Outfitters has now deployed the full TradeStone Merchandise Lifecycle Management suite including PLM, Collaborative Sourcing, Order Management, Global Trade Management, Supplier Community Management and Business Intelligence.
- "TradeStone is one of our more strategic technologies in helping us to deliver value to our company, customers and Wall Street," said Mike Sparks, Director, Supply Chain Systems, Urban Outfitters. "In terms of the PLM roll-out, our users are enthusiastic about its fun, easy and intuitive approach which has driven adoption to high levels across our design community. Among our standard users -- TradeStone is simply known as THE global platform that enables them to do their jobs more efficiently and focus on what matters most -- being creative and delivering designs that are setting the trends for tomorrow."
- "We're very proud of the partnership with Urban Outfitters and the benefits that are being seen as the system continues to gain wider adoption among their thousands of users worldwide," said Sue Welch, CEO, TradeStone Software. "Urban Outfitters stands out as a key example of the importance of a single platform that brings together global users for one common goal -- delivering the most innovative products to market, at record speeds."
About Urban Outfitters, Inc.
Urban Outfitters, Inc. is an innovative specialty retail company which offers a variety of lifestyle merchandise to highly defined customer niches through 213 Urban Outfitters stores in the United States, Canada, and Europe, catalogs and websites; 180 Anthropologie stores in the United States, Canada and Europe, catalogs and websites; Free People wholesale, which sells its product to approximately 1,400 specialty stores and select department stores, 77 Free People stores in the United States and Canada, catalogs and websites; 2 BHLDN stores and a website and 2 Terrain garden centers and a website.
About TradeStone Software, Inc.
TradeStone Software helps retailers, brand manufacturers and suppliers increase market share and improve margins through the use of Merchandise Lifecycle Management solutions that unify the design, sourcing, ordering and delivery of their private label and branded goods. Organizations including American Eagle Outfitters, Belk, Boots, Family Dollar, Groupe Dynamite, Guitar Center, Kohl's, Le Chateau, Macy's, NBrown Catalog Company, Pacific Sunwear, Shoprite and Urban Outfitters use TradeStone's solutions to help them bring innovative and highly profitable products to market at record speeds.
TradeStone Software is headquartered in Gloucester, Mass., with offices in Atlanta, Boston, Bangalore, Hong Kong and London. More information can be found on the Web at www.tradestonesoftware.com and/or visit us on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter.
The following files are available for download: